With this tutorial I am going to show you how you can create dotted text like this
1. First of all create a new document with a white background, pick the text tool and type your text. I just typed PSTUTORIALS
2. Then right click on the text and select “Create Work Path”
3. You can now delete the text layer since we don’t longer need it.
4. Select the brush tool and in the brushes menu use these settings.
5. Select the paths tab which is next to the Layers and Channels tab (you should now see your text as a path) and click on arrow on the upper right corner.
6. Click on the “Stroke Path” option.
7. A new window will pop up. In that window select “Brush” from the dropdown menu.
We are all done. Here is my final result (I added a drop shadow style)